UPDATE: We sent 65 donated hearing aids to the Starkey Hearing Foundation as a result of this drive.
thanks to all that donated and helped!
GLOUCESTER – Beauport Hearing Care of Magnolia is celebrating Better Hearing Month this May by collecting “Orphaned Hearing Aids” that are no longer needed and donating them to the Starkey Hearing Foundation.
Judi Hodge Bergeron, board certified hearing specialist and owner at Beauport Hearing Care, said, “We are excited to join with community partners to collect ‘Orphaned Hearing Aids’ all around Cape Ann. Donated hearing aids will bring the precious gift of hearing to people that cannot afford them.”
Beginning May 1st, look for the blue Orphaned Hearing Aid collection boxes at the locations listed below. Donors that share their name and address on the donation envelope will receive a letter of thanks.
Hearing aid donations will help people locally and around the world. Beauport Hearing Care established a partnership with the Starkey Hearing Foundation a few years ago by providing free hearing aids to impacted survivors of the Boston Marathon bombing. More recently Beauport Hearing Care helped the Holy Family Mission obtain free hearing aids through a Starkey Hearing Foundation partner in Santiago, Dominican Republic. Click here to read more.
Orphaned Hearing Aid Collection Locations
Beginning May 1st: Look for our blue collection boxes at these partner locations:
- Aberdeen Home Care, 8 Cherry St, Danvers, MA 01923
- Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce, 33 Commercial Street, Gloucester, MA 01930
- Cape Ann Veterans Services, 12 Emerson Ave, Gloucester, MA 01930
- Cape Ann YMCA, 71 Middle St, Gloucester, MA 01930
- Rose Baker Senior Center, 6 Manuel F Lewis St, Gloucester, MA 01930
- St. John’s Episcopal Church, 48 Middle Street, Gloucester
- Rockport Senior Center, 58 Broadway, Rockport, MA 01966
- Manchester Council on Aging, Town Hall, 10 Central St, Manchester, MA 01944
- Salem Council on Aging, 401 Bridge St, Salem, MA 01970
- Second Glance, 2 Pond Rd # 1, Gloucester, MA 01930
- SeniorCare, 100 Cummings Center, Suite 106H, Beverly, MA 01915
- Office of Senator Bruce Tarr, Statehouse, 24 Beacon Street, Room 308, Boston, MA 02133
- Beauport Hearing Care, 8 Lexington Ave, Magnolia, MA 01930